Sunday, May 18, 2014

My niece Becky is expecting a new baby.  Her six year old son L.J. says the baby will be a werewolf named Kevin!  I'd already made a gift for the new family member when I heard this, a quilt of puppies and ducks surrounded by a basket weave border.  It's nice, but what I could have done with the werewolf theme!  My friend Martine had a fabulous idea, add big fangs to the puppies!  Too bad that wouldn't really work, the puppies weren't oriented well for that and they were so small, the fangs wouldn't show.


Machine pieced and quilted by Joni Strother, original design

Here's a puppy block

 
I hope you can see the heart and dog bone quilting.  It's pretty puffy



Here's what I did:  I bought a pretty baby present bag.  It was a serendipitous purchase.


I tried to duplicate the font on the bag to add my own adjectives and alterations to the baby hand prints.  Everyone will have fun werewolf themed jokes at the baby shower and it should be a howling good time!



No comments:

Post a Comment